First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- Subcutaneous implantable defibrillator: system overview, evidence and future directions – Emilia Goanta, Ermenegildo de Ruvo, Leonardo Calo
- Data sharing: a new editorial initiative of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Implications for the Editors´ Network – Fernando Alfonso – on behalf of the Editors’ Network European Society of Cardiology Task Force
- The prognostic value of a new Tissue Doppler parameter in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction – Cristian Mornos, Simina Crisan, Lucian Petrescu, Adina Ionac, Dragos Cozma
- Transvenous removal of pacing and implantable cardiac defibrillating leads – a single center experience – Corneliu Iorgulescu, Dan-Andrei Radu, Alexandrina Nastasa, Georgiana Malaescu, Stefan Bogdan, Radu Vatasescu
- Hyponatremia on admission and its impact on clinical outcomes in patients hospitalized for heart failure – Naomi Niari Dalimunthe, Sari Harahap, Rahmad Isnanta, Zainal Safri, Refli Hasan
- Successful radiofrequency pulmonary vein isolation in a patient with left-sided pneumonectomy – Zoltán Salló, Nándor Szegedi, István Osztheimer, Vivien Klaudia Nagy, Katalin Piros, Péter Perge, Tamás Tahin, Pál Ábrahám, Béla Merkely, László Gellér
- Twenty years after – Cristina Bulei, Aura Popa, Claudia Folescu, Marinela Serban, Anca Mateescu, Serban State, Carmen Ginghina
IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY
- A broken hip and a broken heart: the benefits of intravascular imaging in primary PCI – Adrian Ionescu
UPDATES IN CARDIOLOGY
- Cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation – what is new? – Dana Pop, Dumitru Zdrenghea, Gabriel Cismaru, Gabriel Gusetu, Radu Rosu, Emilia Babes, Mircea Ioachim Popescu