First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- Strict adherence to the standardized classification of severity of chronic valvular regurgitations by echocardiography into three grades: mild, moderate and severe. Uncertainty is easier but does not help – Gian Luigi Nicolosi!
- Divergence between the new guidelines for arterial hypertension – Ioan Tiberiu Nanea
- Hypertension and associated cardiovascular risk factors in Romania – Pr. Sverre E. Kjeldsen
- Orthostatic arterial hypotension – Mariana Radoi, Emma Weiss, Elisabeta Badila
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy – Cristian Statescu, Radu Sascau, Rodica Radu, Ioana Madalina Zota, Teodor Flaviu Vasilcu, Larisa Anghel
- Prevalence of high-normal blood pressure and associated cardiovascular risk factors among the adult population of Romania: data from the SEPHAR III survey – Calin Pop, Oana Florentina Gheorghe Fronea, Lavinia Pop, Adriana Iosip, Lucian Dorobantu, Coralia Cotoraci, Cornelia Bala, Dana Pop, Maria Dorobantu
- LDL-cholesterol goal attainment in light of the 2019 dyslipidemia guidelines – Ana-Maria Vintila, Irina Iordachescu, Mihaela Horumba
- Hypertensive crisis at the emergency room – who are the patients? A tertiary center experience – Ana Maria Balahura, Ana Maria Mihailescu, Emma Alexandra Weiss, Cristina Japie, Elisabeta Badila, Daniela Bartos
- Which risk score better predicts in-hospital mortality in radical nephrectomies with cavo-atrial thrombectomy – Anca Dragan, Ioanel Sinescu
- Acute coronary syndrome with normal coronary arteries in patients with multiple sclerosis: insights from the ARTEMIS study – Elias J. Gialafos, Theodore G. Papaioannou, Elissavet Andreadou, Spyridon Katsanos, Elias Tsougos, A. Dimitrakopoulos, Panagiotis Kokotis, Kostas Kilindireas, Dimitrios Tousoulis, Maria Anagnostouli
- Estimation of glomerular filtration rate in type 2 cardiorenal syndrome diagnosis – Elena Bivol, Livi Grib, Nadejda Cazac, Inna Cernei, Alexandra Grejdieru
- The impact of prolonged intraoperative hypotension on postoperative outcome in surgical resection of renal tumors with cavo-atrial extension – Anca Dragan, Ioanel Sinescu
- Pyridostigmine induced atrioventricular block in a patient with myasthenia gravis treated with permanent His bundle pacing – Catalin Pestrea, Alexandra Gherghina, Ramona Magdo-Mina, Florin Ortan
- The role of imaging in percutaneous interventional occlusion of the left atrial appendage. Case report. Thrombotic material formation on watchman device due to antithrombin-III deficiency – Dan Cristian Briscan
- Resistant hypertension – still a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge – Laura Tapoi, Radu A. Sascau, Cristina Cristea, Viorel Scripcariu, Raluca Chistol, Alexandra Clement, Stefan Boca, Larisa Anghel, Cristian Statescu
- Dysgeusia, from angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to acute kidney injury – a case report – Mihaela Horumba, Raluca Ciomag, Ana-Maria Vintila