First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- Atherosclerosis: an update / Nicu Catană, Mihaela Rugină
- Review of the evidence for renal sympathetic denervation / Claudiu Stoicescu, Maria Luiza Luchian, Vladimir Bratu, Dragoș Vinereanu
- The activity of the Interventional Cardiology Centers in Romania: a 2017 overview and 2014-2017 trends / Lucian Predescu, Marin Postu
- Same day discharge after elective percutaneous coronary intervention is a suitable option for selected non-high risk patients / Ștefan Moț, Mihai Cocoi, Alexandra-Florina Cocoi, Răzan Mada, Șerban Adela
- Short-term clinical follow-up of the treatment of aortic coarctation with a new generation of device / Artiom Surev, Andrei Grib, Andrei Esanu, Marcel Abras, Eugen Calenici, Ștefan Damascan, Ion Popovici
- Six-month clinical follow- up of the self-apposing coronary stent system in patients with hemodynamically significant stenosis of unprotected left main / Artiom Surev, Marcel Abras, Andrei Grib, Cristina Gheorghiu, Ion Popovici
- Right ventricular systolic longitudinal function decreases early after low dose doxorubicin treatment in children and is linked to the decrease in left ventricle ejection fraction / Letiția-Elena Radu, Ioana Adriana Ghiorghiu, Dan Mihai Dorobanțu, Alina Oprescu, Carmen Ginghină, Constantin-Virgiliu Arion, Anca Coliță, Bogdan A. Popescu
- De Winter syndrome – clinical case / Cătălin Ușurelu, Elvis Botu, Daniel Blăjan
- Balancing the bleeding and thrombotic risk in post-infarction patient management / Vlad Vintilă, Vladimir Bratu, Dragoș Vinereanu
- Uncomplicated acute Stanford B aortic dissection treated by stent grafts and bare-metal stent implantation / Viorel Nicolae, Ayman Elkahlout, Răzvan Constantin Șerban
- EVAR limb thrombosis, solved through rotational thrombectomy and conventional percutaneous angioplasty / Elvis Gabriel Boțu, Horia Trăilă, Cătălin Ușurelu, Marin Postu, Dirk Dreyer
IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY
- Severe self-apposing stent deformation investigated by intravascular ultrasound / Marin Postu, Lucian Predescu
- Complete revascularization after failed coronary artery bypass graft surgery / Marin Postu, Lucian Predescu, Peep Laanmets, Ion Bostan, Carmen Ginghină, Mircea I. Coman
- 2017 ESC Guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation: The Task Force for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)