First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- The year in cardiology 2016: arrhythmias and cardiac implantable electronic devices – Riccardo Cappato, Gerhard Hindricks, Jan Steffe
- The year in cardiology 2016: imaging – Victoria Delgado, Oliver Gaemperli, Massimo Lombardi, Philipp A. Kaufmann, Jeroen J. Bax
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance for detection of coronary artery disease – a practical approach – Sebastian Onciul, Sven Plein
- Coronary physiology in the catheterization laboratory – Vlad Bataila, Aura Vijiiac, Maria Dorobantu
- Cardioversion of symptomatic persistent atrial fibrillation in patients with left atrium dilatation: how far should we go? – Cristina Vacarescu, Lucian Petrescu, Cristian Mornos, Emilia-Violeta Goanta, Simina Crisan, Miruna Ocos, Mihai-Andrei Lazar, Oana Patru, Ramona-Alina Cozlac, Dragos Cozma
- Effects of antiangiogenic chemotherapy on cardiac function – the added value of myocardial deformation imaging – Anca-Maria Popara-Voica, Ruxandra Jurcut, Adina Croitoru, Ioana Dinu, Dragos Alexandru, Laura Dima, Bogdan Alexandru Popescu, Carmen Ginghina
- Atypical presentation of Barlow’s disease – a case report – Mihaela Octavia Popa, Corneliu Iorgulescu
- Rheumatoid arthritis – an enemy of the heart – Irina-Elena Dumitrescu, Madalina Duna, Lavinia Stanescu, Denisa Predeteanu
- Large left atrial myxoma with left ventricle inflow obstruction – Teodora Nita, Paula Gocan, Ioana Dregoesc, Svetlana Encica, Lucian Stan, Ruxandra Beyer
IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY
- The role of multi-modality imaging in the case of a left upper lobe partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection associated with patent foramen ovale – Alin Ionescu, Monica Dobrovie, Monica Chivulescu, Raluca Ionescu, Adina Raica, Dan Deleanu, Carmen Ginghina, Bogdan Alexandru Popescu, Ruxandra Jurcut
- Giant free-floating ball-like thrombus in the right atrium – Oana Ionita, Eva Paskova, Robert Petr, Lucie Srncova, Hana Linkova
- 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: The Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC