First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- Percutaneous coronary interventions in left main disease: a critical overview of current recommendations – Stefan Mot, Adela Serban, Dana Pop
- Cardiopulmonary exercise test in clinical practice, evaluation of myocardial ischemia – Andreea Varga, Ioan Tilea, Pietro Palermo
- Left atrial deformation by strain analysis in patients with atrial fibrillation – Maria-Luiza Toplicianu, Ioan Tiberiu Nanea
- Parameters influencing in-hospital mortality in acutely poisoned patients hospitalized in a medical or ICU ward: is there an influence of toxin-induced myocardial injury? – Catalina Lionte, Cristina Bologa, Ovidiu Petris, Victorita Sorodoc, Alexandra Stoica, Cristina Tuchilus, Elisabeta Jaba, Adorata Elena Coman, Luminita Vata, Raluca Haliga, Oana Sirbu, Laurentiu Sorodoc
- The workload of the Interventional Cardiology Centers from Romania: a 2018 overview and 2014-2018 trends – Lucian Predescu, Marin Postu
- Four-year outcomes of unprotected left main lesion stenting in a Romanian high-volume PCI-center – Lucian M. Predescu, Marin Postu, Lucian Zarma, Adrian C. Bucsa, Pavel Platon, Marian Croitoru, Adrian Mereuta, Dan M. Dorobantu, Leonard A. Lichiardopol, Alexandra G. Predescu, Carmen Ginghina, Dan E. Deleanu
- An observational, prospective study of the pharmaco-invasive strategy approach to ST-segment myocardial infarction (STEMI) in the era of primary percutaneous coronary intervention based on Elias Heart Centre Interventional Registry (EIRE Study). The Southern Romanian experience – Liviu-Nicolae Ghilencea, Andreea–Catarina Popescu, Doina Dimulescu, Sean Maher, Ali Al Hassan, Adrian Linte, Ionut Stanca, Mihai Melnic, Sergiu Barsan, Cristian Bejan, Laura Arama, Brandusa Zamfirescu, Stefanita Petrea, Cristian Girgel, Maria-Lorena Roamba, Simona Huidu, Luminita Ionescu, Raluca Aflorii, Andreea Rachieru, Maria Marinescu, Elena Lechea, Nicoleta Tascan, Livia Trasca, Lavinia Matei, Adrian Mereuta, Serban Balanescu
- DOACs vs warfarin – comparison of efficacy and bleeding risk in patients with non valvular atrial fibrillation – Alina M. Pirlog, Cristian D. Pirlog, Cristian Pop, Marius A. Maghiar
- The story of the broken soul that ultimately breaks the heart? Parallels and crossroads in a complex clinical scenario – Cezar Iliescu, Saamir Hassan
- Prinzmetal’s angina with multivessel spasm successfully treated by using two different types of calcium channel blockers – Anda Ciobanu, Radu Stavaru, Oana Mirea, Petre Ciobanu, Ruxandra Deliu, Octavian Istratoaie, Ionut Donoiu, Constantin Militaru
- Secondary ischemic mitral regurgitation in a young patient – therapeutic approach – Adrian Bucsa, Daniela-Noela Radu, Roxana Enache, Monica Rosca, Andreea Calin, Lucian Predescu, Bogdan A. Popescu
- Update on MRI safety in patients with stents, prosthetic heart valves and cardiovascular implantable electronic devices – Sebastian Onciul, Radu Nicolaescu, Lucian Predescu, Razvan Capsa, Radu Vatasescu