First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- Focus on left bundle-branch block – Dan-Andrei Radu, Radu Vatasescu
- Biomarkers in emergency cardiology: cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, acute coronary syndromes, pulmonary thromboembolism, acute aortic syndrome and acute heart failure – Antoniu Octavian Petris, Gabriel Tatu-Chitoiu, Ioan Mircea Coman, Diana Tint, Ruxandra Christodorescu, Valentin Chioncel, Dan Darabantiu, Diana Cimpoesu, Laura Antohi, Laurentiu Sorodoc, Lucian Petrescu, Calin Pop, Alexandre Mebazaa, Ovidiu Chioncel
- Robotics in ablation – a technology at a crossroads – Decebal Gabriel Latcu, Bogdan Enache, Ahmed Moustafa Wedn, Sok-Sithikun Bun, Nadir Saoudi
- Short QT syndrome: an update – Christian Wolpert, Maja Vogel, Christian Nagel, Norman Rüb
- The activity of the interventional cardiology centers in Romania: a 2016 overview and 2014-2016 trends – Marin Postu, Lucian Predescu, Stefan Mot
- Endocardial ganglionated plexi ablation: feasibility and impact on atrial fibrillation outcome – Mihaela Grecu, Mariana Floria, Grigore Tinica
- Discovering the link between diabetes, depression and cardiovascular disease – Gabriela Mut-Vitcu, Svetlana Mosteoru, Romulus Timar, Laura Gaita, Dan Gaita
- Remote magnetic navigation for ablation of ventricular arrhythmias – Alexandrina Nastasa, Corneliu Iorgulescu, Stefan Bogdan, Mohamed Dardari, Stefan Petre, Tudor Preda, Radu Vatasescu
- A rare acute right heart failure: ruptured sinus of Valsalva into the right atrium – Antoniu Octavian Petris, Loredana Clapa, Gabriela Sofiniuc, Mihai Bucatanschi, Eugen Bitere, Ioan Lucian Mocanu, Irina Iuliana Costache
- Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, syncope and previous stroke: a frequent association, but not always a classic etiology! – Claudia Matei, Gabriela Kozma, Dan Bindea, Calin Pop
- Assessment of myocardial perfusion with contrast enhanced echocardiography and other imagistic techniques – Nicoleta Oprescu, Miruna M. Micheu, Alina I. Scarlatescu, Gabriela Nicula, Maria Dorobantu
- A challenging case of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy complicated by acute mitral regurgitation – Alina Hohaci, Liviu Macovei, Mircea Balasanian, Lucian Stoica, Nicusor Lovin, Carmen Elena Plesoianu, Larisa Anghel, Ana Tanasa, Maria Cristina Vladeanu, Catalina Arsenescu Georgescu
- Remote magnetic navigation to overcome anatomic obstacles to a standard ablation procedure – Alexandrina Nastasa, Mohamed Dardari, Radu Vatasescu
- Iron deficiency in chronic heart failure – Mihaela Anton, Aura Popa, Carmen Ginghina
IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY
- Ultrahigh resolution mapping for identifying complex atrial tachycardia circuits – Bogdan Enache, Gabriel Decebal Latcu, Sok-Sithikun Bun, Ahmed Mostafa Wedn, Nadir Saoudi
- 2016 ESC Position Paper on cancer treatments and cardiovascular toxicity developed under the auspices of the ESC Committee for Practice Guidelines