First of all, I would like to extend my thoughts of gratitude towards you all visiting the website of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology, the official publication of the Romanian Society of Cardiology.
My election as editor-in-chief (during the meeting of the Board of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, from December 2015) of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology) involves taking over new responsibilities and brings about new aspirations.
Among other things, I wish the contributors to the journal to be as many Romanian and foreign cardiologists as possible.
I wish original articles should prevail over the editorial board.
I wish the case presentations and images to be as varied and as original as possible, so as to draw the readers’ attention.
I would like many young cardiologists with research studies on extremely varied topics to compete in the journal’s contests and win its prizes.
I would like the style and language of the articles to be clear, elegant and concise.
My hope is to succeed in achieving all these aims and aspirations and thus improve the quality of the Romanian cardiologists’ professional life…
In view of all these facts, I hope the content of our website provides you with valuable insight into the most recent novelties of both Romanian and worldwide cardiology and I strongly recommend you to access the sections of the website.
The editorial board of the Romanian Journal of Cardiology and I are looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Professor Carmen Ginghina
Editor in chief
- Electrocardiogram patterns in non-ST segment myocardial infarction – from theory to practical challenges – Andreea Cuculici, Adrian Mereuta, Carmen Ginghina
- The year in cardiology 2016: acute coronary syndromes – Filippo Crea, Ronald K. Binder, and Thomas F. Lüscher
- The year in cardiology 2016: coronary interventions – Carlo Di Mario, Carlotta Sorini Dini, William Wijns
- Left atrial remodelling in patients with mitral stenosis – Bianca Moise, Monica Rosca, Dragos Alexandru, Carmen Ginghina
- Myxomatous mitral valve disease: comparison of different echocardiography methods and protocols. A transesophageal echocardiography study – Maria Magdalena Gurzun, Monica Rosca, Andreea Calin, Marinela Serban, Andreea C. Popescu, Carmen Ginghina, Bogdan A. Popescu
- The diagnostic approach of a mixed cardiorenal syndrome case – Maria-Magdalena Craciun, Cornelia Ancuta Zara
- Lung tumor accompanied by a cardiac mass – Edme Roxana Mustafa, Alin Demetrian, Cristina Florescu, Serenada Bala
- Acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in a heart transplant recipient – Irina Pintilie, Mihaela Ispas, Ayman Elkahlout, Alina Scridon, Razvan Constantin Serban, Dan Dobreanu
- An uncertain diagnosis: myocarditis or rhabdomyolysis? – Irina Macovei, Ana Maria Urluescu, Iulia Kulcsar, Marin Postu, Ioan Mircea Coman, Mihaela Rugina
IMAGES IN CARDIOLOGY
- Manual thrombus aspiration’s essential role in selected STEMI cases – Radu Stavaru, Diana Grapa, Stanica Gabriel, Andreea Cuculici, Razvan Radu, Marin Postu
- Porcelain atrium, a rare complication of rheumatic heart disease – Ionut Badescu, Freddy Frost