SHORT HISTORY OF THE ROMANIAN JOURNAL OF CARDIOLOGY
The journal, originally published in French, began publishing in 1947 under the leadership of professor Bazil Teodorescu. However, its short-lived journey ended after only 3 issues in 1948, at the same time as the Romanian Society of Cardiology, followed by a long period of „silence” dictated by the communist regime…
The journal reemerged in 1991, as the scientific journal of the Romanian Society of Cardiology, under the leadership of professor Costin Carp. Since then, its publications have been uninterrupted. Initially, the journal was published in Romanian, as Revista Română de Cardiologie, and as of 2012, it began to publish in English under its current name – Romanian Journal of Cardiology.
In 1991, professor Carmen Ginghina became the secretary of the first editorial team, and had remarked the strong commitment of professor Carp in making this journal an exquisite educational tool. He was a visionary, as he managed to steer the Romanian Society of Cardiology and its journal forward, with his calm, yet leading manner.
As Editor-in-Chief since 2005, Professor Eduard Apetrei had set the modern platform for the quarterly journal, establishing an electronic version as well, through its own online website. Professor Apetrei carved the journal structure into the present one, welcoming both Romanian and international researchers to submit their articles. He also included prestigious, international cardiologists in the editorial board.
In 2016, Carmen Ginghina started her own mission as Editor-in-Chief, trying to continue the admirable work done by her predecessors